Moving and Handling Advice Service for Carers
Free advice for carers who live in or provide care to people who live in Runnymede, Spelthorne, West Elmbridge, Woking or Surrey Heath.
As a carer you may well be looking after a partner, relative or friend who has limited movement or requires assistance with daily living tasks. Whether you care for a child, adolescent or an adult, the Moving and Handling Advisors are here to provide information, advice and training in safe moving and handling.
What we can offer:
- Bespoke training in your own home or the place where you do your caring
- Training in the use of handling equipment
- Short term loan of some items of small handling equipment
- Demonstrations of specialist equipment
- Liaison with other professionals
- Referral to other support services who may be able to offer you further advice and help
What could the effects of poor moving and handling be?
- Increased tiredness
- Injury to yourself or the person for whom you provide care
- Reduced ability to provide care
- Joint or muscle strain due to repeated or poor moving and handling technique
- Increased sickness and absence from work
- Inability to pursue your own interests
- Social isolation
With the right support, advice and equipment, most moving and handling injuries can be prevented.
To make a referral to our service, please contact us.
Call: 01932 577992 / 01932 577993
Write: Moving and Handling Advisors for Carers, White Lodge Centre, Holloway Hill, Chertsey, KT16 0AE
Our Moving and Handling Advice Services leaflet is available here.