- Click here to download a Volunteer Application Form. Alternatively, call 01932 567131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be sent a paper copy of the form.
All volunteers are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at an enhanced level.
Please note: We are unable to accept under 16 year olds working directly with our service users and in some instances the age could be higher.
Support Workers in Rendezvous
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers on Wednesdays and Thursdays to provide general help to our staff team in supporting adults who have physical disabilities.
You will be asked to assist with a variety of activity sessions such as cookery, discussion groups, art and craft, music, and at times may be asked to run the session for short periods if the staff member is called away. Ideally we need people who would be willing to help with personal care and assisting people with their lunch but this is not essential.
Are you able to offer a few hours on an ad hoc basis throughout the year? We need volunteers to help spread awareness of our work and raise vital funds at local events, often in the evenings and weekends. Duties include assembling and running stalls, distributing leaflets and helping with collections.
To assist with the upkeep of the centre. This will be an ongoing project, and includes the painting of corridors, doors and offices. On a day and time that will suit you, between the hours of 9am to 5pm – Monday to Friday. We ask that you can commit to at least 3-hour sessions due to the preparation and clearing away.
- Play & Leisure Activities – we run a number of after school, evening, weekend and holiday activities for young people and are looking for volunteers to help.
- School Summer holidays including Easter, Xmas and ½ term.
Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 5.00, not necessarily required to do all days.
Tasks: generally playing with the children and taking part in activities, which include painting, water/sand play, swimming, outings.
- MASC – After school club Manor Mead Shepperton, Monday and Thursday 3pm - 6pm
- A Mother & toddler group for children with disabilities under 5’s. It runs every Tuesday (term time only) 10.00 till 2.00. Parents stay with children and volunteers are wanted to support this group. The group also goes swimming in the hydrotherapy pool after lunch.
- To assist our nursery children (under 5’s) at White Lodge Centre in a hydrotherapy group. The group is run using nursery songs to encourage the children to work towards their therapy goals in a fun and stimulating environment. The group runs every Thursday during term time from 10am – 11:15am. Time needed for assistance is 9:30am – 11:45am this includes set up and clear away time.
- Rock and Roll Group
To assist nursery children (under 5’s) at White Lodge Centre in the Rock & Roll Group. This is a 1 to 1 role and involves sitting on the floor, lifting and handling nursery children with significant disability and using equipment under the guidance of therapists. The group runs every Thursday during term time from 1-2pm. Time needed for assistance is 12:45 – 2:15pm including set up and clear away time.