At White Lodge Centre we are always pleased to hear from enthusiastic individuals who are able to volunteer their time and skills. Please download and send your enquiries with a completed Volunteer Application Form and a Staff/Volunteer Declaration Form. Alternatively, call 01932 567131 or email email@example.com and ask to be sent a paper copy of the form.
All volunteers are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at an enhanced level.
Please note: We are unable to accept under 16 year olds working directly with our service users and in some instances the age could be higher.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers to help anytime on Monday to Friday 11am – 2pm
- To provide general help to our staff team in supporting nursery children and helping to ensure a safe, clean and tidy environment.
- To provide assistance with various activities, including setting up and clearing away activities and refreshments.
- To support children to take part in activities e.g. arts, craft, drama, cooking and music.
- To help children at drinks and lunchtime and spend time with staff to get to know the children’s individual needs.
Pathways Reception volunteers
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers on Thursdays between the hours of 9am and 1pm to provide reception cover in our Pathways building.
- Tasks include answering the telephone, greeting visitors and passing messages to the staff team. You will also be asked to undertake some general admin duties such as typing, photocopying and filing.
- During School Easter and Summer holidays, as well as one Saturday every month during the hours of 9am-5pm
- To transport children, young people and colleagues on trips
- To transport toys and equipment to different locations
- You must hold a valid driver’s licence including D1
- Minimum of one years experience driving passengers
- Midas (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme)
- Safeguarding and Child protection
- Emergency first aid at work
- Manual Handling
- Play & Leisure Activities – we run a number of after school, evening, weekend and holiday activities for young people and are looking for volunteers to help.
- School Summer holidays including Easter, Christmas and ½ term.
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, not necessarily required to do all days.
Tasks: generally playing with the children and taking part in activities, which include painting, water/sand play, swimming, outings.
- MASC – After school club Manor Mead Shepperton, Monday and Thursday 3pm - 6pm
Support Worker in Rendezvous
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- To provide general help to our staff team in supporting adults who have physical disabilities. You will be asked to assist with a variety of activity sessions such as cookery, discussion groups, art and craft, music, and at times may be asked to run the session for short periods if the staff member is called away. Ideally, we need people who would be willing to help with personal care and assisting people with their lunch but this is not essential.