At White Lodge Centre we are always pleased to hear from enthusiastic individuals who are able to volunteer their time and skills. Please download and send your enquiries with a completed Volunteer Application Form and a Staff/Volunteer Declaration Form. Alternatively, call 01932 567131 or email email@example.com and ask to be sent a paper copy of the form.
All volunteers are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at an enhanced level.
Please note: We are unable to accept under 16 year olds working directly with our service users and in some instances the age could be higher.
- We are looking for an active volunteer to assist our maintenance team with the outdoor areas. This will include mowing, pruning and planting, sweeping leaves and general garden maintenance. If you have a few spare hours each week please contact us.
Adult Therapy Team MS Exercise Group
- We are looking for a volunteer to help with our exercise group for people with Multiple Sclerosis that runs on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 11:15am-12:15pm throughout the year. Time needed for assistance is 11:00am – 12:45 including set up and clear away time.
- The role would involve assisting our fitness instructor in setting up equipment before the group and helping clients during the session with getting on and off fitness equipment, encouraging and motivating them to achieve their best
- Volunteers will require excellent interpersonal skills and be physically active
- We would welcome help on either Tuesdays and/ or Wednesdays
- During School Easter and Summer holidays, as well as one Saturday every month during the hours of 9am-5pm
- To transport children, young people and colleagues on trips
- To transport toys and equipment to different locations
- You must hold a valid driver’s licence including D1
- Minimum of one years experience driving passengers
- Midas (Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme)
- Safeguarding and Child protection
- Emergency first aid at work
- Manual Handling
- Play & Leisure Activities – we run a number of after school, evening, weekend and holiday activities for young people and are looking for volunteers to help.
- School Summer holidays including Easter, Christmas and ½ term.
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, not necessarily required to do all days.
Tasks: generally playing with the children and taking part in activities, which include painting, water/sand play, swimming, outings.
- MASC – After school club Manor Mead Shepperton, Monday and Thursday 3pm - 6pm
Support Worker in Rendezvous
- We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable volunteers on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- To provide general help to our staff team in supporting adults who have physical disabilities. You will be asked to assist with a variety of activity sessions such as cookery, discussion groups, art and craft, music, and at times may be asked to run the session for short periods if the staff member is called away. Ideally, we need people who would be willing to help with personal care and assisting people with their lunch but this is not essential.