White Lodge Centre
If you want to volunteer at White Lodge Centre, please email email@example.com
or call 01932 567131.
Please note: We are unable to accept under 16 year olds working directly with our service users and in some instances the age could be higher.
Click the link
below to download a Volunteer Application Form. Alternatively,
call 01932 567131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be sent a paper copy of the form.
the Volunteer Application Form Here (PDF)
• Play & Leisure Activities are looking for volunteers to help run a number of after school, evening, weekend and holiday activities for young people.
Playscheme for school holidays including Easter, Christmas and Half Terms, Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm, not necessarily required to do all days. Tasks include general play with the children and taking part in activities including painting, water/sand play, swimming and outings.
• Assisting adults with physical disabilities in the Hydrotherapy Pool area with changing and showering on Wednesdays 11.00am to 1.00pm.
• Help needed on a Monday from 2.00pm to 3.15pm with children in the Hydrotherapy Pool area. You will assist with dressing and undressing and occasionally be asked to go in the pool if required.
• Help is needed in our Nursery. The children are 2 to 5 years old with a disability. We need volunteers for a Wednesday and Thursday from 10.30am to 2.00pm. You will be asked to help with the children and tidying and cleaning up over the lunch period.
• Gardener required: time to suit volunteer, Monday to Friday.
• A Café Assistant is required – Wednesdays and Fridays. Also on Mondays and Thursdays in school holidays only.
• Drivers required: must have a D1 licence to drive our minibuses. Mornings from 8.45am to 10.45am and evenings 3.30pm to 5.30pm.
Fundraising Volunteer Opportunities
Voluntary Onsite Shop Manager
A volunteer is required to supervise the day to day running of the White Lodge Centre onsite shop.
Key tasks will include:
• Stock control and rotation
• Team support and development
• Ensuring a high level of customer service
This role will also coordinate our Rag Bag and related recycling schemes.
Previous retail experience is desirable but not essential. The shop is open Monday to Friday and ideally we are looking for a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours, twice a week (preferably mornings).
Voluntary Onsite Shop Team
We are looking to put together a small team to help maximise sales in our onsite shop. We are especially looking for help with:
• Stock processing
• Customer Service
Training will be provided, and time commitment is flexible. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am – 3.30pm. Volunteers will need excellent interpersonal skills and to be physically active.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience, make new friends, and help White Lodge Centre to continue to provide its’ vital services.
A volunteer is sought to help us expand our online sales activity generating crucial funds for White Lodge Centre.
Items will be provided. Your duties would include listing the items for sale, taking responsibility for answering enquiries, liasing with buyers, and packing and posting items that have been sold in a timely fashion.
Applicants must be IT literate, ideally with previous experience of eBay. Hours are flexible and this role could be primarily home-based, if desired (access to computer, camera and internet required).
Volunteer Collection Box Coordinator
We are looking for volunteers to coordinate our collection box activity in an agreed area, most likely local to your home.
In this role you will monitor, remove and replace boxes, identify suitable new locations and help develop relationships with local retailers, businesses etc. The areas where we are particularly looking for help are Chertsey, Weybridge, Shepperton, Walton, Staines, Woking, West Byfleet and Egham.
It's totally flexible, taking just a few hours a month but these boxes raise vital funds for White Lodge.
Are you able to offer a few hours on an adhoc basis throughout the year?
We need volunteers to help increase awareness of our work and raise vital funds at local events such as the Black Cherry Fair (13 July 2013) and Chertsey Show (10-11 August 2013). Often in the evening or at weekends, duties would include:
• Assembling and running stalls
• Stewarding duties
• Money and ticket collection
• Raffle ticket sales
Volunteers must enjoy meeting people and not be afraid to make an initial approach, being polite and friendly at all times. They will also need to be able to handle money and cash transactions.
To find out more about any of these opportunities, please contact Julia Peacock in the Fundraising Team at White Lodge Centre by email to email@example.com or telephone 01932 577955.
Admin support is required to assist the Support Services Manager on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Admin supportis also needed for the Maintenance Team. Applicants must be IT literate, have good communication skills and to be able to work on their own initiative in a busy environment.
to top of page