Registered Manager - Children’s Short Breaks Unit
Full time salary up to £35,493 + On Call
Treetops is our 6 bedroom short breaks unit for disabled children and young people up to the age of 18. We are seeking to appoint an experienced Registered Manager to continue and further develop this prestigious short break unit. Reporting to The Head of Services duties will include: -
- Overseeing the day to day operational running of Treetops.
- Ensure that all practice is in line with policies, procedures and the National Minimum Standards and Regulations for Children’s Homes, monitored by Ofsted.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities.
- Provide support through supervision and appraisal.
- Maintain staff rotas and organise the children’s bookings.
- Monitor and contribute to the assessment and implementation of service documentation.
- Work with families and other professionals to provide a co-ordinated service.
- Monitoring of the service provision.
You will need to bring:
- A proven care and managerial track record within a children’s registered residential setting – within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and at least one year where you have supervised and managed a staff team.
- A Registered Managers Award – ideally a L5 Leadership and Management in Residential Children’s Homes or willing to work towards this qualification.
- Experience of SEND.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and Ofsted registration requirements.
- An ability to lead, motivate and support the staff team.
- Experience of managing and implementing person centred plans.
- An ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels.
- A commitment to make a positive difference.
For an informal discussion please contact Terry Broom on 01932 577981 or email email@example.com. For an application pack please call 01932 567131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunites Form
Closing date: Fri 17th May
Interview week commencing 27th May
Please note if you do not receive a response before the 24th May your application has been unsuccessful
Successful person will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service at enhanced level, two references and an Occupational Health check. After a 6 months’ probationary period you will be entitled to six weeks’ annual leave and pension benefits after 3 months.